Aquinnah-Gayhead Lighthouse

AQUINNAH – Many year-round residents are descendants of the Wampanoag Indians who showed the colonial settlers how to kill whales, plant corn, and find clay for the early brickyards. Much later, these Aquinnah Indians were in great demand as boatsteerers in the whaling fleets.
The brilliant colors of the mile-long expanse of the Aquinnah Cliffs astonished early explorers and have continued to be a source of interest to scientists and visitors alike. One of the first revolving Lighthouses was erected atop the Cliffs in 1799.

Adriana Eftimie – original

Rowenna, Gay Head Lighthouse – original Oil

James Maddocks, Gay Head Lighthouse

Signed and numbered lithograph size 24×15.5

Uta Kloss  Photography

Jean McCabe original painting on woodpanel

Please call 508-693-3948 for inquiries or email: Artmv.Photography@gmail.com